Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day 2010

The Ghia is now behind my house and the trunk is white as an EV's trunk should be. Six cans of white epoxy paint later and this [left] is what it looks like. In addition, the gas tank and radiator in the front trunk have been removed. I plan to paint the interior of the front trunk white as well. Lately, I find myself worried about installing the electric motor, clutch plate, pressure plate, and flywheel and getting them balanced. Does anyone have any advice/lessons learned? The clearances between the flywheel and transaxle housing are very tight and attaching the clutch diaphram plate to the flywheel looks prone to balance issues. I have decided to purchase a 13lb flywheel to improve acceleration performance and may purchase a new clutch kit with alignment tool, today, to ensure that the job is done correctly. I don't think the Ghia will be rolling in time for the Space Park Sept 23rd car show. Maybe next year. Hmm, what happened to the 2010 Santa Monica, California electric car parade?





1 Comments:

At 2:24 PM , Blogger Jay Donnaway said...

Hi Dan,
Per your question on my blog, the motor adaptor came from Electro Automotive, but I wouldn't wish their business practices on my worst enemy. I've had good experiences with EVParts.com, EVSource.com, and CanEV.com. As long as the adaptor uses a taperlock hub and a clutch, and comes from a reputable builder, you should be in good shape.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home