Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Albright Contactor & MicroSwitches

So 80% of the EV parts are now purchased. I am in full-commit mode and am determined to get on the road more than ever. Yesterday, one part fell through the cracks. -- the Albright SW202A contactor. For the life of me I cannot figure out what the "A" stands for. So I shopped around and discovered a wide price range from $83 to $360 (luckily didn't pay $490). Why the wild price variation? The SW202-84 (known as SW202B) has me completely confused as to why it is better than the rest. The $360 option from GREV makes the most sense in terms of price because it includes the necessary Zilla microswitches to tell the Zilla Hairball the state of the contactor. Most likely SW202 "A" implies that an SW202 has these microswitches already installed. So far, Manzanita Micro does not yet seem to sell the SW202 with the microswitches installed, so I need to hunt around or install them myself. The $83 option seems to good to be true. Anyhow, here is a list of vendors.


Option "Nanfeng" seems optimal, but can it handle an upgrade to 16 x 12V batteries long-term?

For good measure, here is an EV circuit diagram made by Brian Hughes for his MR-2 EV. Thanks Brian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home